The next Minnesota Threshold Network Twin Cities meeting, “Working Respectfully with Trans and Nonbinary Communities,” will take place on:
Tuesday, January 14, 2020
St. Peder’s Lutheran Church
4600 E 42nd St
Minneapolis, MN 55406
(click link for map)
Transgender and nonbinary people have existed for as long as human cultures have been creating genders, but some of our language and concepts may be new to you. Transgender and nonbinary individuals and communities may have different needs and face different challenges around end of life and after-death care than our cisgender peers. Join Minnesota Threshold Network on a journey through the wonderful world of trans and nonbinary terminology, current concerns, and what we in the deathcare field can do to ensure that our work respects this diverse and vibrant community.
Our guides on this exploration are:
- Root Holden (he/they), transgender podcaster and death educator
- Shannon TL Kearns (he), transgender playwright and theologian
- Eli Effinger-Weintraub (they), nonbinary MTN member and death radical
MTN facilitators: Eli Effinger-Weintraub and Anne Murphy
All Minnesota Threshold Network meetings are free and open to the public. Donations from the heart for space rental and printing materials are gladly accepted.
- Building is ADA compliant. There is no curb cut on the east side of the building (where we will be entering), but the entrance is accessible from the sidewalk. We will update later once we understand how to best access the sidewalk that leads to the door.
- Building has an all-gender restroom.
- Lights are either on/off, not dimmable.
- There is a furnace that occasionally will make one loud-ish hissing sound. It is unpredictable.
- Scented cleaning products are sometimes used in the space. Please limit your use perfumes, lotions, or other scented products as much as possible before the event.
RickyRides carpooling link: http://www.rickyrides.com/minnesota-threshold-network-january-meeting